It’s not that radically different from BT’s Fusion service, though I think you get more. Here’s the Orange Unique low-down:
- Inclusive calls from home, over your broadband connection
- Up to six Unique phones per home, and up to three people can make calls at once, even when you’re surfing the Internet
- Dedicated customer helpline for registration and support
- Fast broadband connection up to 8 meg. Top speeds vary due to your distance from your local exchange
- From Â£50 a month including broadband package and free phone
It’s still not quite a Wi-Fi phone and mobile and landline all in one, but it’s close. I’d like a phone like the Vonage Wi-Fi ones (that can hook into almost any Wi-Fi network) as well as it hooking into my home network and mobile. But it’s pretty close and the multiple phone connections are great news. I wish they had it here in Germany though.
So, a dedicated customer helpline for Unique? Hope it works better than their normal customer helpline and why not just get this stuff right across the board?