So, Orange just announced their new Orange Unique service, a convergence of home phone, mobile phone and broadband. The question is, will their customer service match the product?
It’s not that radically different from BT’s Fusion service, though I think you get more. Here’s the Orange Unique low-down:
- Inclusive calls from home, over your broadband connection
- Up to six Unique phones per home, and up to three people can make calls at once, even when you’re surfing the Internet
- Dedicated customer helpline for registration and support
- Fast broadband connection up to 8 meg. Top speeds vary due to your distance from your local exchange
- From Â£50 a month including broadband package and free phone
It’s still not quite a Wi-Fi phone and mobile and landline all in one, but it’s close. I’d like a phone like the Vonage Wi-Fi ones (that can hook into almost any Wi-Fi network) as well as it hooking into my home network and mobile. But it’s pretty close and the multiple phone connections are great news. I wish they had it here in Germany though.
So, a dedicated customer helpline for Unique? Hope it works better than their normal customer helpline and why not just get this stuff right across the board?
Why People Hate Mobile Phone Companies
BT Fusion Fixed Line and Mobile Convergence
3G phones go Wi-Fi